DecisionPoint provides the services you need to roll out a new POS system and have the confidence we will handle the project along with any other in-store systems that may need to be installed simultaneously. We offer a variety of services, depending on where you are in the lifecycle of your current POS Systems.
Complex Nationwide Rollouts
Asset Management of Spare Devices
Install replacement equipment as needed
Annual visits to make sure you are ready for the high season
Monitoring and Services
Real time automated ticket creation upon failure
We will work with the IT group to select and test a best-of-breed hardware system once a software platform has been selected.
Selecting printers, monitors, scanners, PC’s and the other accompanying accessories can be challenging. Our sales team and the systems engineers that support our clients can help you make sure an ecosystem of the best of breed technology is selected. A few of our Key Partners:
DecisionPoint has 20+ years working with our customers on Deployments of store systems. We start by developing a detailed project plan and a SOW that takes into consideration all points of failure and ensures the project is done on-time and on budget. Key tasks planned:
- Image Development and Testing
- Acquisition and Coordination of all hardware
- Staging and Custom Kitting by Location
- Project Planning and Tech Coordination
- Monitoring of each installation
- Documentation of Completion and Sign-Off
DecisionPoint has the expertise and resources to provide advanced deployment services that can assist with your POS project and more. Our stable of talented Project Managers follow a strict governance process that ensures a successful outcome.
Older POS systems that are still required to perform can become a service problem for retailers. We work with you to develop a system that supports your stores with an eye towards minimizing escalations, costs and maximizing uptime. Key elements of our service options:
- Spare pool of PC’s, cash drawers, printers, monitors and other peripherals
- Repair and revitalize older and EOL equipment to extend their useful life
- Overnight shipment of replacement components
- On-Site installation via our Tech-on-Demand services where required
The OnPoint Portal will help you manage these services with integration to your ITSM platform or ad-hoc requests entered directly into our portal. We will work with you to develop the solution that best suits your needs.
If you could predict when a POS system was ready to fail and nearly eliminate downtime would that be important to your organization? DecisionPoint’s monitoring platform alerts of a failure or pending failure automatically creating a ticket.
Some key features:
- Monitor, Report and Alert on failures or pending failures
- Thresholds configured to your specifications
- Automated tickets flow into VISION portal
- Centralized Reporting to IT
- Replacement device is overnighted
- New device is installed
For example, a ticket is generated if a device reaches a certain threshold indicating failure. DecisionPoint’s NOC begins troubleshooting and/or orders a replacement device to be shipped, and then dispatches a tech to install the replacement device. Problem solved!
We can customize a program that fits your needs and most importantly….keeps the cash registers ringing and your associates and customers happy with the experience.
We work with customers to close stores, when necessary, with our decommissioning plans tailored to your needs. A few options to facilitate closures:
- Project design and management
- Customized packaging kits for boxing up used equipment
- Tech’s dispatched to uninstall your IT stack
- We can refurbish returned equipment
- IT asset disposition for end of service life equipment
- Asset reporting
DecisionPoint works with our customers to develop a solution that meets their timelines, budget, and objectives.
Improve the reliability of your enterprise’s IT infrastructure, resolve application issues and reduce your support costs with DecisionPoint’s help desk services. We provide tier one, two, or three IT service desk packages to help you augment and manage tickets coming into your organization. Additionally, DecisionPoint ensures that your employees always have access to POS systems and mobile POS devices to keep business operations running smoothly.